Humpty Dumpty Graduates!

 Yesterday I opted to try a small little disc for support for my wonky knee.  For the most part it was a success!  I used it in the Barre Sculpt class in the morning with only a moment of discomfort and it was perfect for my evening Yoga Flow class!

Needless to say, I couldn't be more excited!  It's been less than two months since I joined HealthQuest and I feel SO MUCH stronger and more stable.  My end goal might be attainable by Spring after all!  Here's to working hard and praying for the best.

Did I mention that my horse is the reason I'm fighting for stability?  I purchased an absolutely gorgeous imported Trakhener mare last year that I knew wasn't the perfect match for me at the time, but I had hopes and dreams of becoming the rider that she needed.  As time went on my sweet sensitive mare took issue with me hunching over in pain and MAYBE screaming out a few curse words from time to time when my knee would lock/snap and release.  Ugghh, the pain was intense and her fear of what was wrong was definitely not a good combination.  After we had an unfortunate slip and fall in September at a show, I decided I had to figure something out, or sell my gorgeous mare.  

I did and do not want to give up the hope that we'll be back in the show ring again soon.  I'll keep working on me and let her enjoy some down time this winter.   

It's so hard to try to "bury" all of my old injuries, and not let them dictate what I can and cannot do at the gym. I keep asking my body for more.  Sometimes it gives me a hard no, and I grieve the body of my youth.  I stop and thank the body I have today for at least giving the move a go.  Onwards and upwards! Below is the mare I pray I can successfully ride again, and the knee pad that's helping me through Yoga, Pilates, Barre Classes Body Balance and LM Core classes!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who would have thought - HealthQuest was the answer?

Still dreaming, still working, and ever hopeful!

No tears today!