Grateful, Truly Grateful

Ten months of hard work.  The last 10 months have flown by since I joined HealthQuest.  The amount of joy and gratitude I have is indescribable for what my daily classes/instructors have done for my heart as well as my muscles.  No longer do I dream of years gone by and all the fun, exciting things I used to be able to do on and off the farm with my arsenal of horses.  

Every day I wake up excited to start the day.  Typically, a daily 3 mile walk on the golf course with hubs and pup dog gets the blood flowing followed by quick trip to HealthQuest for a morning Yoga/Pilates/Balance/Pump or Barre class gets the core/muscles engaged.  I'm happy to admit there are days that I can't get to the gym in the morning, but I do promise you I'm still getting my blood flowing in a different way.  About 5 days a week, I'm out riding my good friend Cindy Nance's hunt horses getting the blood pumping in a totally different way!  If I miss those morning classes, no problem!  There are always afternoon and evening classes too!  

No more sharing old Facebook memories.  New and exciting memories are being created and embedded in my head and my heart with old friends I'm so happy to be able to spend time with.  It's crazy, but there are still so many more classes that I want to try, and I'm beginning to think that none will be off limits in time.   

I know I sound like a broken record, and I really DON'T feel bad about it.  I thank God every day, that I can get up and move. I still have more goals to work towards, and I have plenty of time to get there.  I'm enjoying the journey more than I could have imagined possible. If any of my friends would like to come give a class a try, PLEASE reach out and let me know. I'd love to have you come as a guest.  It doesn't matter what your limitations are, the instructors will always give you options that will work for you.  All you have to do is try.  Yes, I'm an addict, and I want everyone to feel the same joy I do right now.  

Thank you HealthQuest for helping me overcome the physical hurdles that Hospital of Special Surgeries were afraid they couldn't help with.  It was all up to me to find the strength to take one step at a time building a stronger body out of all my broken parts.  I'll never be 100% and that's A-OK.  As long as I can continue to build and grow, the sky is the limit!!!! 

The fact that I'm back out galloping cross country feeling centered and strong is exhilarating!  I keep asking more of my body, and nary to I get a complaint.  Complaint, and willing these muscles are now. Build, build, build.

Those who'd like to come out and learn what foxhunting is all about can give me a call too! Happy to share my addictions with others.  

HealthQuest and the Amwell Valley Hounds = Healthy addictions!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who would have thought - HealthQuest was the answer?

Still dreaming, still working, and ever hopeful!

No tears today!